Checklist - Minority Shareholder Rights
Key issues for you to watch out for
You are going to make an investment into a company and need to know what to look for in the transaction documents you are reviewing.
Related challenges include:
- the business complains if a contract review takes too long
- having legal counsel review every contract is not feasible from a time or cost perspective
- conducting each review of every contract to a common standard is almost impossible
- even the best people have an off day and miss things
- non-lawyers / junior lawyers can take a long time to train in reviewing contracts
- you want contract reviews performed to a common standard
- you need to empower your business to do more for itself
- you do not have a checklist which explains what can and what cannot be agreed
the problem increases when you are a minority shareholder and are using paper drafted by the target/a 3rd party.
The web has lots of checklists – but are they any good?
The GLS Solution
This checklist flags the key issues you need to be aware of when reviewing investment documents so you can be confident in the agreement your are reviewing/signing.
This checklist is for minority shareholder rights in Shareholders Agreements and Constitutional Docs.
Useful to both legal teams and lay-persons, this GLS Checklist™ flags what is important and/or unique in each agreement, and includes a brief explanation as to why.
This checklist flags what is a truly “material” risk area and what is not – allowing you to conduct an efficient and proportionate review.
There are plenty of checklists found on the Web but few are regularly maintained by a legal services group dedicated to empowering you to achieve more yourself.
Once your documents have been proccessed no more may be added. You will need to complete the checkout or start the checkout process again.