Checklist - Liability Clause
A guide to the key issues in a liability clause
You need to know what to look for when reviewing this type of clause in the agreements you are reviewing.
Related challenges include:
- the business complains if a contract review takes too long
- having legal counsel review every contract is not feasible from a time or cost perspective
- conducting each review of every contract to a common standard is almost impossible
- even the best people have an off day and miss things
- non-lawyers / junior lawyers can take a long time to train in reviewing compliance issues
- you want contract reviews performed to a common standard
- you need to empower your business to do more for itself
- you do not have a checklist which explains what can and what cannot be agreed
- the problem increases when using 3rd party paper
The web has lots of checklists – but are they any good?
The GLS Solution
GLS Checklists™ flag the key issues you need to be aware of in a wide range of commercial agreement so you can be confident in the agreement that you are reviewing/signing.
This checklist is for limitations and exclusions of liability provisions - one of the most important area of your standard commercial contracts.
Useful to both legal teams and lay-persons, this GLS Checklist™ flags what is important and/or unique in this clause type, and includes a brief explanation as to why.
GLS Checklists™ flag what is a truly “material” risk area and what is not – allowing you to conduct an efficient and proportionate review.
There are plenty of checklists found on the Web but few are regularly maintained by a legal services group dedicated to empowering you to achieve more yourself.
Once your documents have been proccessed no more may be added. You will need to complete the checkout or start the checkout process again.